So, you’ve read our blog about finding and detecting air leaks and you’ve even go as far as adding weatherstripping and insulation to those problem areas. We applaud you for that and your bank account does, too! But what you may not realize is that there are still other areas of your house that are costing you a fortune. What do we mean by that? Well, there are some common areas that are drafty as can be, but they may not be as easy to find.
Perform a visual inspection in and around the following areas outside the house:
- Exterior corners
- Outdoor water faucets
- Where siding and chimneys meet
- All around the exterior of your home’s foundation
Here’s what you should look, and feel for, for inside:
- Electrical outlets and switch plates
- Door frames and window frames
- Where gas and electrical lines enter the house
- Baseboard heaters and radiators
- Inside the fireplace, near the floor and near the mantle
- Attic hatches and entranceways
- Where cable and phone lines enter the house
- Where dryer vents and exhaust fan vents pass through the walls or ceiling
A few minutes of your time this weekend can help you find and fix a number of drafty areas around the house. Doing so will help keep you and your family more comfortable and keep some green in your wallet this winter!
For fast, quality, same day service and repairs on your heating system across Minneapolis - St. Paul, call and speak with the heating repair experts at Uptown Heating today.